For the time being, please use this page to contact me and ask any questions, make suggestions, etc., that may come up. Please feel free to use this page like crazy. Examples are provided for how to format this page for clarity. To edit this page click on "edit" in the top right, next to "read."
If you're looking for a beta test guide, it's here: Guide.
This is a question or discussion topic
Here is where I'm further explaining the topic.
- This is a reply to the topic. Whenever you make an edit (start a topic or reply to a topic), make sure to sign your name like this: The Archivist (talk) 23:39, 28 October 2022 (UTC) (It's easy! Just type four tildes: ~~~~.)
- "stub pages" script
- Add a "flag for copyright" feature
- Figure out how to speed up load time on the site
- Get count for books/objects on the wiki
- Create pages for select archives housed elsewhere
- Add a practitioner directory
- Add a mystery school student directory
Make site mobile-friendly/mobile version auto image resize in info boxes copyright: unknown category
- If the copyright status is "unknown," add the item to a category page to make it easy to identify what needs to be researched. The Archivist (talk) 01:18, 14 November 2022 (UTC)
- Done! Though each individual page needs to be updated (do a null edit) for the category to apply. The Archivist (talk) 17:09, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
Create a "featured object submission" form
- A form that can be used to submit write-ups for the featured object chunk of the site. Ideally present on the wiki, but maybe a google form. The Archivist (talk) 17:07, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- Created a Google Form for now. Keep this open and research better options. The Archivist (talk) 19:04, 2 December 2022 (UTC)
Make Links page two columns Make new template for copyrighted material
- Use it to create a research page for material NOT in the public domain
- Item is not available for download
- Include ISBN, publishing info, etc.
- Maybe link to places to buy it
- The Archivist (talk) 20:31, 28 January 2023 (UTC)
- Standard book infobox template has been updated to include information for both digital and physical objects.
- Only objects held digitally or physically will be added to this website, meaning that material is either in the public domain (held digitally) or it is not (held physically). Honestly, I think I was making this a bigger deal in my brain than it needed to be in real life.
- ONE template can be used to catalogue a variety of types of objects and it will be revisited and updated periodically to ensure this remains the case.
- The Archivist (talk) 16:32, 28 February 2023 (UTC)